Outline: what to expect from this course
If you are one of the several million women a year who are told there might be a problem – or there is a problem – with your vagina or cervix, this course will help you decide what to do to regain or maintain health. If you are a woman who helps other women stay healthy and return to health, this course will familiarize you with a variety of complementary, integrative health care options for down there problems. If you are a woman interested in staying healthy, this course is for you. If you are interested in alternative medicines, but don’t want to forgo modern medicine, this course will guide you to the best of both.
Herbal medicines, homeopathic remedies, dietary recommendations, meditation and mental techniques are all included in this course. The remedies are not folklore, though some come from old wives. These remedies are part of the Wise Women web, a web woven of our collective knowledge, including yours.
This course is designed to empower you in regards to the health of your vagina and cervix through hands-on experiences, readings, and engagements with plants, complementary remedies, and interaction with a circle of women and an experienced elder.
This four-week intensive is designed to help:
· The woman who wants to maintain or regain health with assistance from an elder and in a circle of women.
· The woman who wants to know more about herself and how to stay healthy.
· The woman who has a vaginal discharge and is concerned.
· The woman who has received a “bad” Pap smear.
· The woman who wants to help others in vaginal/cervical distress.
Section One: Healthy Vagina, Healthy Cervix
a. Your Healthy Vagina
b. Your Healthy Cervix
2. Staying Healthy Down There
Section Two: Vaginal Distresses
1. Discharges: Herbal and Homeopathic Remedies
2. Dry Vagina: Herbal and Homeopathic Remedies
Section Three: Vaginal Distresses - Symptoms of STDs
1. Yeast; Herbal and Homeopathic Remedies
2. Trich; Herbal and Homeopathic Remedies
3. Chlamydia; Herbal and Homeopathic Remedies
4. Herpes; : Herbal and Homeopathic Remedies
Section Four: Cervical Distresses; Assignments
1. Pap Smears
2. HPV: Herbal and Homeopathic Remedies